Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Classic Sour Cream-Banana Bread (with blueberries)


I'm still using up banans, and this finishes them up. I found this recipe on the Kraft Food & Family website. I had some dried blueberries, so I threw in a half cup. 







Classic Sour Cream-Banana Bread

Prep time 15 minutes
Total time 1 hr 15 mins
makes 16 servings

1/4 cup butter, softened (I used butter flavored crisco)
1 cup sugar
1 cup Sour Cream (I used low fat)
2 eggs
2 1/4 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup mashed fully ripe banans (about 3)
1 cup chopped walnuts (I used pecans I had on hand)

Heat over to 350ºF. Beat butter and sugar in large bowel with mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs; mix weel. Blend in sour cream. Add combined dry ingredients alternately with banans, beating or stirring just until blended after each addition. Stir in nuts (and blueberries).

Pour into greased and floured 9X5-inch load pan.

Bake 1 hour or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely. Keep refrigerated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment