Sunday, April 26, 2009

Off We Go

Well I've been reading up on Blogging and everybody says you need to specialize. And you need to specialize in something you have a passion for. The 2 things that I have a passion for are cookbooks and photography, so I'm going to try to combine the 2. I'll be reviewing cookbooks by actually making food from them and then posting a photograph or two. I'm not a gourmet cook and for me half of the joy in cookbooks is reading them and looking at the photographs (the more photographs and chatter about the origin of the recipe the better). And now a little about me. I work full time, midnights. A crazy work schedule where I work a week straight and then I'm off for a week (the weeks I work are a real bitch, but having every other week off makes up for it). I have a picky husband when it comes to food, and an even pickier son. So when I'm working the food has to be quick and easy but when I'm off I can do more elaborate things. I am also a follower of Weight Watchers (I've lost 50 lbs) , so food needs to be low in calories and low fat and high in fiber (I even have my husband and son eating Weight Watcher friendly food but don't tell them). And if someone wants to give me a cookbook or two along the way to review, so much the better. So here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment